The first birthday is a milestone for the child and parents. It’s often more for the parents than the child, but you’ll want to buy a gift for the child that’s meaningful and important. If you are stuck wondering what to buy that special child in your life, we have list of great gifts for one year olds.
Finding The Best Gifts For One Year Olds
1. Keep them moving. By year one, most babies have started to walk or at least have been trying to get up and move. Gifts that help facilitate movement are especially important at this point. Toys that get a toddler to push or pull along with them are great at developing their motor skills. Moving toys make excellent gifts for one year olds!
2. Hide and seek. Babies at this age are getting very busy. They tend to gravitate towards toys that involve hiding and seeking. Fill-and-spill toys are especially popular because by this point children are starting to understand cause and effect. When they drop a toy, they look around to see where it went. Toys that keep them guessing are great for one year olds.
3. Stacked against the odds. One year olds love to play with building blocks and similar stacking toys. It helps them develop color matching skills, hand eye coordination, and manipulating objects. And these toys, like blocks or stacking rings, can be used for years. They are lasting and usually very durable which are exactly the kinds of toys that make great gifts for one year olds.
4. Rock and roll. Rockers and swings are very popular. They build strength and balance while teaching them that they have the ability to rock and roll on their own. They become more aware of their own bodies and what they are capable of doing. Ride on toys make great gifts.
5. Gift of education. Educational donations make great gifts for one year olds and any age after that. It might sound cliche, but the gift of education is incredibly important. Parents who want to send their children to college should start saving early. It’s a good idea to start a 529 College Savings Plan at this point. Instagrad.com helps you start by creating an attractive profile that will collect contributions from yourself, your friends, and your family. Education is always a worthwhile gift.